[Vorbis] How would you recommend I create a new layer of data...

Steve Fosdick lists at pelvoux.nildram.co.uk
Sun Jan 18 07:06:35 PST 2009

On Sun, 2009-01-18 at 08:42 +0200, Jason Brower wrote:
> Two parts are marked below...
> *If anyone remembers, I have been working on a new feature for vorbis.
> I am creating another piece of data showing non audio interpretation of
> music to help visual, beat and other aspects of audio that can't be
> interpreted by a computer but only entered with the human touch.
> Currently I have a stream of data, nanosecond measurements of key
> presses on a keyboard, but I want to encode it within the ogg file
> itself if that is possible.  I want this to be something special for ogg
> to help support the open codec.
> If there is some technical document that can show me how I would add
> this data that would be very helpful.

To summarise you have another stream of data that needs to be
multiplexed with the vorbis coded audio.  Vorbis's normal stream format,
ogg, supports multiplexing and the documentation is available from:

http://www.xiph.org/ogg/

On the other hand you may find issues with some audio players which fail
to understand an ogg stream that has more than just vorbis in.

Regards,
Steve.