[Vorbis] Problem creating ogg comment header for theatrical/stage/disco lighting stream

xiphmont at xiph.org xiphmont at xiph.org
Mon Mar 31 10:08:09 PDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 7:08 AM, paul griffiths
<avalightingstudio at googlemail.com> wrote:

>  I have taken the code from Theora library as
> it's closer to using libogg2 than vorbis library. Vorbis is working ok in my
> application but have yet to include theora. Is it my library or my
> application using my library that is the problem?

Libogg2 was an experiment that hasn't been released because of a
number of API changes that need to be made.  There's nothing wrong
with the code in it, but you shouldn't use it because I can pretty
much guarantee it the API will change in the future.  When libogg2
finally does see the official light of day, it will support the
complete libogg1 namespace and behavior.  So, code to libogg1.

As for 'it doesn't write the second byte', how are you checking?
Libogg2 uses fragmented linked buffers internally they can be tricky
to inspect. Also, you can write all 32 bits at a time, you don't need
to break it up into byte writes; if you really want to write in little
endian order, use the non-'B' versions of the calls.

Monty