[Vorbis] the legendary id3 album art

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 03:07:51 PDT 2008

Pandu E Poluan wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 12:36 AM, Ian Malone <ibmalone at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know if there are any players that use the id3v2 album art
>> people mention every so often?
>>

 > Well, my Nokia 6120 Classic (6121 Classic in the US) is capable of
 > displaying the id3v2 album art perfectly. And also album art in .mp4
 > files although for the life of me I don't know how exactly it is
 > inserted into the file.

My interest was along the lines of how the APIs present the information.
As far as I can see from libid3 it just presents the binary image data,
but there aren't many PC implementations to look at; the main use for
this seems to be portable players: PCs tend to get pictures from the
web.  Maybe Rockbox is the thing to look at.

--
imalone