[Vorbis] problem with ac3?

charles f. zeitler cfzeitler at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 10 01:32:10 PDT 2008

--- Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves <justivo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Your case sounds strange.  Try to increase the audio quality and see
> if the problem remains.
>
> -Ivo

thank you for your reply. i tried what you suggested, and got some
interesting results. first, i noticed that ffmpeg gave me the 'unsupported
codec' messeage when trying to encode ac3 with vorbis. well, on to
ffmpeg2theora- i encoded one file with defaults all 'round, and another
with quality at 10 and bitrate at 500.

the first played back with the distortion i mentioned, and the second was
still pretty bad. then i noticed that the video was sped up! so i tried
a different player, mplayer, which prodeuced clean sound and no syncing
problems.

i'm gonna  make mplayer my default player

thanks again

charles f zeitler

:                  Do  What Thou  Wilt                     :

:                       Shall  Be                          :

:                The  Whole  of The  Law                   :

                            --Aleister Crowley--