[Vorbis] tag reading

Geoff Shang Geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Tue Mar 4 00:27:45 PST 2008

Subramanian S wrote:

>     I went through the pages. According to my understanding,
>     the vorbis_comment structure contains the tags (artist,year,album) for
> the ogg file.Is this correct.Kindly advise.

Not sure what you're asking exactly.  The comments for an ogg file are
contained in the comment packets for the particular codec.  I guess this
means that in a multiplexed bitstream you could have different tags for the
different media streams.  But yes, for an Ogg Vorbis file, the comments are
contained in the Vorbis comment packet.

If you were asking about which tags are contained, Vorbis comment tags can
be anything you want.

Geoff.