[Vorbis] Adviced way of tagging music

David K. Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Wed Jun 4 23:36:06 PDT 2008

On 5 Jun 2008 at 7:59, Adam Badura wrote:

>     In foobar how do you add a second value for a field? Since I wanted
> do that (to add as performer not only the conductor but the orchestra as
> well for example) but failed to do that in foobar.

I don't usually use foobar to tag (instead I use a text file + custom
ruby scripts + vorbiscomment).  However, by playing with some of my
existing files, it seems you can add multiple values in Properties
using a semicolon, e.g.:

Ma, Yo-Yo; Ax, Emanuel; Stern, Isaac; Laredo, Jaime

They are then stored as different values in the file.  I'm not sure
what you need to do if you actually want to store a semicolon in the
value.  Alternatively, if you use foo_infobox, you can add multiple
values with a backslash delimiter, e.g.:

Bartoli, Cecilia\Wiener Kammerorchester

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- Email: dave at gasaway.org