[Vorbis] Adviced way of tagging music

David K. Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Mon Jun 2 22:21:54 PDT 2008

On 2 Jun 2008 at 14:52, Steve Fosdick wrote:

> http://www.gophernet.org/articles/vorbiscomment.html
> http://reactor-core.org/ogg-tagging.html

As these two links suggest, I've been using TITLE + PART for years.
It's easy to make work in foobar2000 (which is why I use it even in
Linux).  For example:

Title=Piano quartet No. 2, Op. 45 in G minor
Part=4. Allegro molto

>    2a. Add composer, ensemble, performer and conductor tags and then
> make the
>        artist tag whichever of those I would want the player to display
> and
>        expect to use when searching for it.

Agreed (though I always use PERFORMER instead of ENSEMBLE).  So for the
track above, I have:

Artist=Fauré, Gabriel
Composer=Fauré, Gabriel
Performer=Ma, Yo-Yo
Performer=Ax, Emanuel
Performer=Stern, Isaac
Performer=Laredo, Jaime

I also use CONDUCTOR, LYRICIST, and ARRANGER as appropriate.

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- Email: dave at gasaway.org
-:-:- Web: dave.gasaway.org