[Vorbis] Hardware support

Charles philip Chan cpchan at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 15 11:05:47 PDT 2008

"Hibbs, Phil" <phil.hibbs at capgemini.com> writes:

> What's the current state of hardware support for Ogg Vorbis? Any
> decent players out there? I have an iRiver iHP-120 and am thinking
> about upgrading, any recommendations?

For best Vorbis support, I would recommend any Rockbox

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/TargetStatus

supported players. There are players out there that support Vorbis out
of the box, however, they all have some problems. For example, the
iAudio's (Cowon) OF (origianl firmware) can't do gapless playback even
though Vorbis is gapless by default. BTW, iRiver have dropped Vorbis.

Charles