[Vorbis] MT9 Capabilities

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo tor-einar at jarnbjo.name
Mon Aug 18 13:01:30 PDT 2008

I doubt if the artists and music labels are interested in distributing a
half-finished product like Guardian describes. If I buy a Picasso, I
wouldn't expect it to be delivered as a blank sheet of paper and crayons
either, although it would enable me to avoid the bizarre cubism features
of his paintings and to mix together something _I_ like better.
Technically, most audio formats would support this as multichannel
streams, but I suppose most mainstream audio players won't offer a
reasonable user interface for these features. Reading on mt9hits.com
that FLAC and Ogg Vorbis should "watch out" because "New MT9 Digital
Audio Format Has Six Channels", a lot of buzzwords and almost no
technical details, I really wonder what they are trying to achieve.

Tor