[Vorbis] off: Audio CD's and Microsoft

Rick cms0009 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 08:58:49 PDT 2007

On Saturday 15 September 2007 10:41:06 am xiphmont at xiph.org wrote:
> On 9/15/07, Rick <cms0009 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20070912/tc_pcworld/137106
> >
> > Read this, you thought DRM endcoding music was bad... this is sick.
> > there "tracking" you...
>
> This has a number of possibly beneficial applications as well... small
> artists have been screaming for decades for a way of more equitably
> tracking royalties (hell, making any effort to properly track
> royalties at all).  Naturally, in Microsoft's hands, one would worry
> about the potentially evil applications as well.  Which will we get?
> Probably the one that makes businesses the most money.
>
> In general, American legal theory tends to guarantee a right to
> privacy, but *not* anonymity, and individual watermarking does not
> really violate that precept.  You do not necessarily have a right to
> be invisible in public.
>
> Also, steganographic watermarking exists in many other copied media
> already.  Eg, there's a decipherable signature buried in many (most?)
> photocopies, etc...  How is watermarked music inherently more evil?
>
> Consider these points for discussion.
>
> Monty

Monty,
Its not that, in the sense of fair play, Microsoft will use it for
whatever pays the most $$$...It will ruin the audio quality of music,
and create a new bureaucratic watch dog group, in which WE THE PEOPLE will
lose some more privacy.

I don't care, what the propose suggestion to the Music Industry was...
but, if you keep chipping away at Freedoms and Privacy, SOON, there will be
none, for YOU! and for ME!

to fix some of the problems, with new artist getting paid...that easy enough,
just have Music Industry show the new artist the BOOKS..,and sign off on it,
just like they have to do, for the federal gov., when filling quarterly
taxes., this way...the new artist will have a legal document, in which,
if anything should happen, could SUE that record company,
and throw someone in jail...neat huh!

See, No new watch dog group.

THEY WANT TO CONTROL US (WE THE PEOPLE)...Question: Whom controls THEM ?

Regards -
Richard