[Vorbis] Vorbis granule position

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Tue Oct 23 14:34:46 PDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 02:44:44PM -0500, James M. Rotenberry wrote:

> When a ogg vorbis stream is ripped using wget, fetch, or
> streamripper under Linux or FreeBSD, the resulting file has
> problems both with granule position and with a missing EOS.

A missing EOS isn't really a problem, it just indicates the stream is
incomplete. There are a couple of scripts to set the EOS flag. Mine is
in http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/rogg/rogg-0.1.tar.gz

Decreasing granulepos is a problem, and shouldn't happen. What stream
are you seeing this from?

It is possible to retimestamp a stream, but I'm not aware of any tools
which do so. Running it through gstreamer's muxer or liboggz after
setting the packet timestamps to "-1" might help.

 -r