[Vorbis] dlls and encoder_example

xiphmont at xiph.org xiphmont at xiph.org
Tue Oct 9 12:18:06 PDT 2007

On 10/9/07, Rafa Zafra Fuentes <rafa_zafra_fuentes at hotmail.com> wrote:

> hello, i have vorbis sdk 1.0rc2

Do you mean 1.0rc2 (which is six years old) or 1.2.0 (which is the
current release)?

>and i have could compile encoder_example.c in a console aplication project
>on VC 6. But when i execute the program, only appears the black visual display
>screen  without obtaining result. where is my problems??

Encoder_example is a filter and expects input on stdin and sends its
output to stdout.

> other question: in sdk there is for example, vorbis.dll and vorbis_d.dll, which is the difference?

At a guess, one is a production build and the other for debugging?
Your VC project settings should answer that for you.

> i have could compile any project like libvorbis 1.2.0/win32/vorbisfile_dynamic.dsp,
> and i obtain vorbisfile_d.dll and vorbisfile_d.lib, can i use this files like the files of
>sdk?are the same?

Apologies, that part i didn't quite understand.

> thank and sorry for my english

No problem, English is not the native language for most of our users.

Monty