[Vorbis] Ogg is not Vorbis (decoding/multi-channel mixing)

xiphmont at xiph.org xiphmont at xiph.org
Wed Nov 7 12:05:44 PST 2007

On Nov 7, 2007 5:13 AM, Ulrich Windl <ulrich.windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:

> ;-) Did anybody see a retail package of an audio player that claims to support
> "Vorbis"; I've only seen "Ogg" support?

No different than products advertising Quicktime support (which
codecs?) or Windows Media support (which codecs?  Well, which
revision? ;-)  The project and group umbrella name is Ogg, and it's
perfectly valid to refer to the overall collection as 'Ogg'.  Of
course, there are times in a technical discussion where it's also
important to distinguish that you're talking about eg Vorbis
specifically.

Monty