[Vorbis] OGG decoding/multi-channel mixing

Vamsi Mohan Reddy Pulagam pvmreddy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 20:54:44 PST 2007

Hi,

As far as Vorbis/Tremor codes show, I do not see any mixing operations. I
only see a channel interleave operation. This means that for ex. if I encode
two songs into an ogg stream like first song into the left and second song
into the right channel, the decoded output will not be mixed output in both
channels but interleaved output in respective channels, i.e., I hear first
song in left and second song in right. So it all depends on how we encode
the stream.

One thing that could be done is, since we have individual channel outputs we
can mix them to a single channel and call this a mixed output (in the above
example after doing this operation we will hear both songs in both channels)

And regarding mixing in frequency domain I am not sure about the feasability
and complexity involved. But mixing in time domain is much simpler as far as
I see.

Someone please correct me if I am on the wrong path.

Thank you,
Vamsi