[Vorbis] Importing cds in OGG & FLAC in itunes/OSX

xiphmont at xiph.org xiphmont at xiph.org
Mon Mar 26 10:50:25 PDT 2007

If I remember correctly, and my understanding is very likely out of
date at this point (iTunes has chnaged internally a few times)...

Although the QT components allowed some Ogg functionality in iTunes,
QT is indded something of a special case and iTunes's native
architecture is not QT.  At one point, we had a seperate 'native' Ogg
plugin for iTunes that did everything but streaming...

Now, could a Mac person who's been paying more attention bring my
understanding more up to date? :-)

Monty