[Vorbis] streaming ogg vorbis to windows media player.

Manoj Bist manoj.bist1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 10:13:40 PDT 2007

Hi,

I have been struggling with streaming ogg vorbis audio to windows
media player for a couple of days now with no success. I would really
appreciate if someone could provide more insight into this.  Please do
let me know if there is any other mailing list which would be
appropriate for a question like this.

Apparently it does work. Simply go to the following website

http://theclassicalstation.org/internet.shtml and click on the ogg
vorbis stream.

Alternatively you can open the following url in your windows media player.

http://audio-ogg.ibiblio.org:8000/wcpe.ogg.m3u

I have tried 3 streaming solutions(icecast2, Apache::mp3, mod_mp3) but
none of them can successfully stream ogg files to windows media
player.(All of them work well with winamp).

Thanks a lot for reading this,

Manoj.