[Vorbis] 2nd attempt - Repairing vorbis files

Tomas Valusek tvalusek at seznam.cz
Tue Mar 20 14:03:36 PDT 2007

Hello,

I just emailed one of my oggs to xiphmont, as I was offered to do so. I
am always using command-line ogg encoder with comjunction with Exact
Audio Copy CD ripping software. EAC is known for its "ability" to insert
ID3s into oggs, but I have scanned all my oggs with ogginfo and no
problems were reported. So the only issue are 8bit characters used in
ogg comments, which cause problems in some players.

Is there a plan for supporting UTF8 in ogg comments?

Tomas Valusek