[Vorbis] Splitting a WAV file to aid gapless playback

Steve Fosdick xiph at pelvoux.nildram.co.uk
Mon Mar 19 07:07:49 PDT 2007

Assuming I have a WAV file that represents a continous performance, e.g. a
recording of a live concert, which I want to play continously on a CD but
nevertheless have track marks so that individual items can be selected some
WAV splitting programs offer the ability to split the file into pieces which
are an exact multiple of the CD sector size so that when recording all these
files to CD with no sector gap there is no extra silence introduced.

Is it possible to do the same with Ogg/Vorbis files, i.e. is there a
block/window size where I can make each WAV file to be encoded consist of
a whole number of these blocks?  So what is it please?

TiA,
Steve.