[vorbis] Uncoupled mode?

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Sun Jul 15 13:54:05 PDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 07:29:05PM +0200, P?d?r Attila wrote:
> I am paranoid, so I've implemented myself
> the switch of channel coupling.
> It wasn't difficult, so I don't understand
> why doesn't Monty want to implement it...

Because I believe in testing code.  It's been seven months since the
last major release, and it would be another year if I implemented
every switch someone asked for.  You can scream for a release or
scream for more features... decide, please.  Lossless coupling
switches are on the post-release feature list.

[Hello.  I've had very little sleep recently becuase of the release
TODO list *still* not being done and my nerves are just about shot.
Now is a very bad time to imply that I should be working 'just a
little bit harder']

Implementing the switch and making it work is easy.  Making it work
without accidentally breaking something else is somewhat harder
especially if you don;t have a complete understanding of the code
paths.  Guaranteeing you broke nothing is even harder yet.  I know
writing stable code is vaguely passe' in today's Open Source world,
but I'm a little old-fashioned that way.

Monty