[Vorbis] codecs(GSM, G7321) supported for ogg??

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 09:28:38 PST 2007

On 1/6/07, Rupak Patel <rupak.p at gmail.com> wrote:

> What we are looking forward is we want to stream video. And I came to find
> somewhere that ogg is a very robust format. Can you suggest me in what terms
> ogg is robust. And what benefits it has over others(like mp3, etc.)

Ogg is a container format to be used on local or networked streams.
What this means is that you can put video and audio together in Ogg
and play it over the Internet, LAN or just your computer.  In the Ogg
project we use Vorbis for audio, and Theora for video.  You may read
on Wikipedia an unbiased opinion about the benefits of those formats.

In theory you can mix any kind of video and audio format inside an Ogg
container.

-Ivo