[Vorbis] A Macromedia Shockwave Flash-based Ogg player?

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo tor-einar at jarnbjo.name
Fri Jan 5 12:13:23 PST 2007

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves schrieb:
> Maybe if you release the source code, someone with ecmascript
> knowledge might help you out.
I will do that eventually, but was planning to spend some more time
polishing it, before making it public. I've found a more competent AS
developer to help me out a little bit now, so we'll se if we can get
somewhere together. I did a few benchmarks comparing the AS and the Java
implementation and the AS version of the MDCT code (one of the places,
where most time is spent decoding Vorbis), the AS version was about 40
times slower than the Java version. It might be that AS is not
particulary fast at array accesses or floating point arithmetic. If the
problem is floating point arithmetic, it might help if I rewrite the
code to only use integer arithmetic, but still, the rest of the code is
not particulary fast either. About 40% of the time is spent doing iMDCT,
60% for the rest.
> Oh, and congrats for your j-ogg.  It looks pretty promising.
Thanks, the J-Ogg thing is already 3-4 years old and I haven't done much
on it lately. People only show sporadic interest, but I suppose one of
the reasons is that I'm not able to convince Google to spit out anything
but jorbis, when people search for Java and Vorbis.

Tor