[Vorbis] A Macromedia Shockwave Flash-based Ogg player?

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo tor-einar at jarnbjo.name
Fri Jan 5 05:29:10 PST 2007

Michael Smith schrieb:

> Flash 10? There's no flash 10. Flash _9_, on the other hand, has a
> vastly improved JIT optimiser, rather than the simplistic bytecode
> interpreter present in earlier versions.

Isn't Flash 10 about to be released? Might have been that I
misunderstood something there though ...

Even with the "vastly improved" optimizer, the Flash virtual machine is
executing my code efficiently. I have not optimized the code for Flash
in any particular way, but comparing the more or less one-to-one
translated Java and AS versions, the AS version requires roughly 50
times more CPU power to decode the Vorbis stream compared to the Java
version. Comparing with the results of this performance test however:
http://www.oddhammer.com/actionscriptperformance/set4/, I'm still hoping
that I am doing something incredibly stupid in my AS code and that there
is much room for improvement.

Tor