[Vorbis] AoTuV branch

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Fri Feb 9 16:14:31 PST 2007

On Sun, Jan 07, 2007 at 02:14:30AM -0600, JorSol wrote:

> when will be merged the vorbis-aotuv branch into the reference library of vorbis?

We agree the changes should be merged. The last time that was done, Monty
was able to further improve the code on both sides. We'd like that code
review to happen again before merging the aoTuV branch into the
official reference encoder. However, Monty is the only one of the
current volunteers we trust to do that, and he doesn't have time in the
foreseeable future. So while it's on the todo list there is no schedule.

If you're happy with the aoTuV release, consider packaging that. While
we'd like the reference implementation to be the best general encoder,
we also definitely encourage other implementations and innovations.

> I gess it will be 1.1.3? or there are other surprises that can make it 1.2.0?

Probably. If we got multichannel surround tunings, that would probably
make it 1.2.

HTH,
 -r