[Vorbis] Nokia against the adoption of the Ogg technologies by W3C's HTML5

Thy thy at cult-of-noise.net
Thu Dec 13 20:54:51 PST 2007

I posted this chat about nokia in the french speaking linux site "
It seems that:
1st: It's not Nokia, but an employee of nokia who claims that.
2nd: More than an anti-vorbis attitude, Nokia ('s employee) attitude is a
security against sleeping patents who can cover ogg&vorbis, also, other
technologie like h264 aren't treathed by sleeping patent and there's less
danger in legal issue to use them.

Please note
- that I'm a french speaking guy and please pardon my low-level English :-)
- It's not really my opinion (Microsoft itself used ogg in his video game
"Halo" and samsung/yepp class digital player (my actual player) use
ogg/vorbis whitout problems, but a short synthese of the discussions who
follows my topic.

2007/12/12, Paul Martin <pm at nowster.org.uk>:
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 02:31:07PM -0800, Manoj Bist wrote:
> > >
> > > We've always been at war with Eastasia. :-)
> > ==> Nokia is a Finnish(European) company :-)
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia
> You missed the allusion.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newspeak
> --
> Paul Martin <pm at nowster.org.uk>

Encyclopédie en ligne, librement consultable et éditable: gothique, métal,
punk, musique électronique.