[Vorbis] Re: [theora] This is a sad day for interoperability in the Web

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 10:47:25 PDT 2007

Hello,

On 8/21/07, Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves <justivo at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/21/07, Daniil Kolpakov <dan at riga.lv> wrote:
> > Sorry, buf Flash != Web.
>
> Sorry, but the Internet disagrees with you.  If you have nothing
> worthy to post to the discussion, please don't post at all.
>
> On 8/21/07, Charles Iliya Krempeaux <supercanadian at gmail.com> wrote:
> > For the Theora case... It shouldn't be too difficult to do something
> quick
> > and dirty on Windows.
> >
> > Use the ffmpeg2theora Windows binary... and create a C# GUI program that
> > uses "System.Diagnostics.Start" to run it.
>
> Yes, but that would be Windows-only.  Not to mention that nobody here
> programs in C#.

I used to program in C#.  (Used to be involved with Mono at one time.)

I might have some time this weekend to give it a try.

> I'd say Theora creation on the Mac... with seamless integration into
> > Final Cut Pro and iMovie is something to shoot for.
>
> Yes, you know, we do want software out there to easily create content
> under our formats, but, we have no control over those programs.  Only
> their developers may do so.

I'm not an expert on this, but... wouldn't integration into QuickTime give
you this?

Here's someone who created a WMV export that works with Final Cut Pro...

http://www.macworld.com/2005/09/reviews/flip4mac/index.php
http://dvcreators.net/discuss/showthread.php?t=7199

Seems like something for Ogg Theora could be done.

XiphQT could already be that.. .and we just don't realize it.

Does XiphQT let you encode to Ogg Theora?

See ya

--
    Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc. <http://ChangeLog.ca/>

                 Vlog Razor... Vlogging News