[Vorbis] Re: [theora] XiphQT Installer for Microsoft Windows Created

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 14:02:09 PDT 2007

Hi Shawn,

On 8/21/07, Shawn Riley <roleypup at samford.net> wrote:
> I tried the installer, but it appears to have not actually installed - it appears only to have dropped some files where it said it would.

Yeah, that's what an installation usually is.

> QT player does not recognise Ogg files on my system;

This is bad.

> When I go searching for Ogg files, it does not find them in the file list;

This is a limitation of QuickTime.  There really is little that we can
do about it.

> When I attempt to drop an Ogg file into the player, it says "Error - 37: a bad filename or volume name was encountered".
>
> QT version 7.2
> Windows XP version 5.1, SP2

I don't know how to solve this.  It appears to be a XiphQT problem,
and I'm not the XiphQT developer; I only created the installer.  We
will look into this, however.

Meanwhile, can you make sure that the XiphQT.qtx file is under the
QuickTime\QTComponents folder?  Have you retstarted QuickTime?

-Ivo