[Vorbis] icecast

Steve srussell at innernet.net
Sun Apr 29 09:11:59 PDT 2007

Being one who deals with one software after another, and now looking at the possibility of using icecast to stream ogg clips on my website, I would like to ask before I go much further in the matter:  Is icecast likely to introduce further issues and irregularities among visitors to my site?  Will using icecast pull me deeper into programming, or will it be mainly a matter of setup?

Right now I simply let people download with the default open/save option, and I provide a link for an immediate download of Winamp from my server for those not currently able to play oggs.  This particular method seems to eliminate as many mysterious issues as possible.