[Vorbis] Vorbis on a TI C6713

Ulrich Windl ulrich.windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon Apr 16 23:32:36 PDT 2007

On 16 Apr 2007 at 12:11, Matt Hutchinson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> What are the steps to get Vorbis running on a TI C6713? I know I should use
> the floating point code, but am unsure what files I should compile in Code
> Composer Studio. Specificially, I am using the TMS320C6713 to receive Vorbis
> through a manufactured UART Daughter Card and output raw audio through its
> audio jack.

Hi,

I'm not answering your questions (sorry!), but I'd like to ask a related one: Is
there a free (in the sense of GNU) hardware design for a Vorbis decoder? I know
there are chips around, but most of them require codecs to be written, and the
development tools needed are not as free as one might like. AFAIK there are chips
that can decode MP3 without additional codec, but I know none for Vorbis. Ist that
right?

Regards,
Ulrich