[Vorbis] Problem in devloping basic ogg streaming player for windows-Please help

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Fri Oct 20 22:53:53 PDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 06:05:35PM +0530, Tapesh Goyal wrote:

> So can anybody help me How to play a file using URL in windows?  Any code
> snippet/tutorial would be highly appriciated .
> Is this tutorial works fine to play ogg streams through URL ?

No, as you say, the tutorial uses fopen() which only works for local
disk files. You have to use an http library to open a URL.

I'm not familiar with Windows APIs, so I don't have any specific advice.
A quick look at msdn suggests 'HttpOpenRequest()' and subsequent calls
might be a good place to start. (WinINet library) You'd use this
together with ov_open_callbacks() to feed data from the http stream to
libvorbisfile.

HTH,
 -r