[Vorbis] configure can't find speex and flac libraries :-(

Andreas Grommek agrommek at web.de
Tue Oct 17 07:29:13 PDT 2006

Hi everybody!

I just installed vorbis-tools on my linux system fro source, but the configure script can't find the
libraries for speex and flac, so ogg123 is compiled without support for flac and speex. Just know, I
don't need it urgently, but it would have been nice...

I admit, I keep those libraries in a non-standard directory, but ldconfig is configured to find
them. I messed a bit around with the Makefiles and some compiler options, but I don't know enough of
make, automake, gcc & co, so I hadn't any success. Does anybody know a workaround for me?

And here a request for the developers: Would it be possible, maybe in the next release of
vorbis-tools, to include some configure options like "--with-speex-libraries=",
"--with-speex-includes=", "--with-flac-libraries=" and "--with-flac-includes="? This would be very
helpful for software development dummies like me... ;-)

Cheers
Andy