[Vorbis] Command line tool for raising volume of ogg file

Pete Harlow peter.harlow at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 02:05:35 PDT 2006

If you are making a recording, before encoding to Ogg, you can use Sox on
the original file and use the stat effect to get a gain setting to normalise
the file, then use vol to apply it.

Sox supports Ogg Vorbis now, so may be able to do this directly to an Ogg
file.

http://sox.sourceforge.net/

Regards,

-P.

On 15/10/06, Eugene Kotlyarov <ekot at narod.ru> wrote:

> Chris Harrington (Personal) wrote:
> > If you're looking to normalize a set of Vorbis files, you can use the
> > "vorbisgain" utility that will add a tag to your file, causing your
> > player (should it support ReplayGain) to play it louder or softer based
> > on your preferences.
> >
> > It doesn't modify the audio stream, which is really nice. However, if
> > you're looking for a command to literally alter the audio stream, I
> > don't have any ideas.
> Thank you, it's what I needed. I just didn't know that such solution is
> possible.
>
> --
> Eugene

Pete Harlow