[Vorbis] help

Nagaraj.CG at flextronicssoftware.com Nagaraj.CG at flextronicssoftware.com
Mon Oct 9 03:20:34 PDT 2006

 I am doing Ogg player ,where i am using standard Ogg parser from your
side and Decoder is separate entity which is not from your side,
I have different API's in Decoder they are Create,Reset,Delete Decoder,Get
Code Book,Get Comment Book,Decode Packet etc...........
Now i am able to play the song with your Parser and our Decoder.
I want to implement Forward and Backward but without  your using Parser
API,because up to now i was using "granular position " obtained from
parser API
 to implement FW and BW ,where i have to use File read API ,which is
consuming more time to read from file which is not diserable to us.
So i want to use only file seek functionality in forward and backward.
So i am planning to use this formula

present_require_file_offset = (total_file_size * 20
)/Total_time_of_stream(which i know)

If i seek my file pointer to value of "present_require_file_offset"
,whether i will be at 20 sec duration of song or not,I know it cant be
accurate ,but it is ok for
me if i am at 19th or 21st second also.

Is it ok if i use this formula,is there is any other way for this,kindly

Nagaraj C L
Flextronics Software System
Desk: 41069445
Mobile:9886695116

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software Systems (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of
the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly
prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. FSS accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus."