[Vorbis] ov_read, callbacks and 0 bytes read

Andrew Lentvorski bsder at allcaps.org
Sun Oct 8 03:05:00 PDT 2006

Ralph Giles wrote:
> libogg (and the libogg2 implementation compiled into Tremor)

Arggggh.  I wish I had seen this earlier.  You know, labelling things as
ogg2 inside Tremor might give us poor slobs hacking on it a clue as to
what is going on.

I just spent the last 8 hours slicing off the ogg implementation and
synching it with the libogg trunk and the libvorbis trunk of vorbisfile
(lots of inline accessors to isolate the data structures).  Now I'm
going to have to figure out whether the start from the sliced version or
to revert to beginning and pull forward.  <grumble>

At this point, decode is verified to work.  ivorbisfile_example.c,
decoder_example.c and seeking_example.c compile and work.

Seeking initially works but fails starting at raw position 3168(???).

This might be barely good enough for my use.  I may just punt.

If folks want a changeset, just tell me the command to feed to svn and
I'll drop one.  I'm a mercurial user, so you'll have to to be explicit
about svn commands I would have to run.

-a