[Vorbis] ogg files / burning cd-r

Nic Watson nic at ghs.com
Mon Nov 13 22:44:46 PST 2006

Sorry, I thought you were talking about a CD full of .oggs, like in the
automobile console players.

The concept still stands, though.  If the replaygain tags are in the
oggs, just oggdec to .wav, and send them straight to your CD burner.

If you don't have a recent oggdec, then you'll have to write a script to
parse out the replaygain values (via vorbiscomment) and apply them to
the .wav one at a time with normalize -g.  That's what I do.

Before, I mentioned I used wavegain.  I was incorrect.  I had forgotten
I switched to normalize (http://normalize.nongnu.org/) since it bases
the calcalations on RMS amplitude and not peak, plus you can just throw
it an arbitrary gain setting with -g.

Nic