[Vorbis] ogg files / burning cd-r

Richard cms01 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Nov 12 08:47:14 PST 2006

Using Linux (Kubuntu)
using the application "crip"
ripping at -q 10 & using replaygain on for volume control

Now that I have 2000 .ogg files...

first problem:
There is NOT one Portable CD Player on the Market,
that can play encoded .ogg files AND read the replaygain tags.
via a cd-r

second problem:
Burning...
if I am going to burn a disk (cd-r) to play in house,
I have to use k3b, to decode the .ogg file to a linear pcm format...

However, k3b does not read the replaygain tag before decoding,
to adjust the linear pcm audio file.

So, I can't find any real method of burning a cd full of .ogg files,
AND there is no burning app (linux based) that can decode and still read the
replaygain tags, while encoding to a linear pcm file.

Again, this is for making cd-r's (only)

If someone know something....please do tell.

Thanks + + +
Rich