[Vorbis] (no subject)

Arek Korbik arkadini at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 06:43:18 PST 2006

Daniel,

On 11/6/06, Daniel Downing <ddowning2068 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi guys. I downloaded the xiph-qt-win32-0.1.5.zip file from your website. I
> unzipped and placed the .qtx file in C:\Program
> Files\Quicktime\QTCompenents. It doesn't install anything. There's no .exe

Correct. There's no .exe, no installation process, no progress bars,
etc. Assuming you have QuickTime installed in "C:\Program
Files\QuickTime\" (which should contain some files, like e.g.
QuickTimePlayer.exe, a couple of dlls and subfolders) just copy the
.qtx file to "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTComponents", as per Readme
file, and restart your machine for good measure. That should be it.

> file for it, and even if there shouldn't be, iTunes won't play .FLAC files
> or even .ogg files. Am I missing something here? I can't see an installation
> process. Is it possible to play these files in iTunes?

Installing XiphQT won't create file associations for .ogg files but
you should be able to open .ogg files in QuickTimePlayer/iTunes
through menu 'Open file.../Add file to library...'. (works on a
clean-install WinXP system with iTunes 7.0.2.16 and QuickTime 7.1.3).

As for the .flac (native FLAC) files, they are not yet supported on Windows.

Hope that helps,
Arek