[Vorbis] looking for open-source or prop. IM, Chat & Video server & client software

simon hong simonhong9 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 13 20:06:37 PST 2006

Hi.  My name is Simon. I'm not very technically saavy and do have a few
questions and hope someone can answer or direct me to resources.  Thanks in
advance for helping out.  Simon

I'm interested in an open-source solution for an web project that will allow
me to run an English as a Second Language website.  It will basically be a
website where English learner can sign up and then access the Chat,  Video,
and Instant Messaging system in order to see,  hear and read (text) each
other. The goal is to connect people together so they can practice English.

Are there an open-source solutions that integrate chat, video  and instant
messaging, server and client side,  available for such a project?  If yes,
can you direct me  to such a resource?

If no, do you know of any cost effective turn key solutions?

Regards,
Simon