[Vorbis] file io and reading ogg vorbis files

Luis Cordova cordoval at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 05:30:13 PST 2006

Dear Ralph, X Group,

sorry for bein so hesitant to answer your email after you have been
responding to me very kindly.

Basically, what I want to do is to have a function that seeks for the header
of a page within an ogg vorbis file such that it returns the header basic
info and absolute position in number of bytes telling where the read pointer
is.

Notice that there are functions like ov_read that are too high level and
return other things on pcm that really are not actual positions within the
file. There is ov_raw_seek however this one I have to put the offset so it
is kind of the inverse problem and thus not useful here.

I am sure there is that capability within the libs ogg and vorbis, however,
the "layered" way this has been laid out makes this difficult because there
is no clean cut access to this functionality.

Could you please hint me or point me to something I can find useful?

many thanks,

Luis