[Vorbis] Would Xiph be interested in a logo redesign for Vorbis?

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves ice.saoshyant at clix.pt
Wed Jun 14 03:16:50 PDT 2006

So, in a thread on HA a user asked if some logo was the official one for Vorbis. It turned out not to be, but everyone agreed the official logo was ugly and a bad idea to add on any portable player compilant with Vorbis (or other Ogg media for that matter).

The chaps, me included, started a discussion of a redesign, but truth be told, if Xiph isn't interested in a redesign, there's no purpose for us to go on, unless for fun.

I think it would be a great idea to have a new logo representing Vorbis. Think of the market, not of personal jokes.

We can also make it clear submissions on our private contest will give all rights over the logo to Xiph.org, to spare any future legal issues.

And this is the thread that started it //www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=42429&hl=

So, what say you, O Great Xiph Masters? May we go on with this?

Regards,
Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves