[Vorbis] how to use without completing process

Graham Mitchell graham at grahammitchell.com
Fri Jun 2 08:43:25 PDT 2006

Glad to see my fellow list members are being condescending.

> How do you keep oggenc open long enough to even USE it?!?!?!?!?!

oggenc is a command-line program, which means to use it you have to open a
command-prompt, change directories to the folder containing your WAV files,
and then run it like so:

C:\Whatever\> oggenc song.wav

If, however, you're used to running programs by double-clicking them (which it
sounds like you are), then you might be happier with OggDropXPd, which is
oggenc with a drag-and-drop GUI wrapped around it.
	http://www.rarewares.org/dancer/dancer.php?f=78

You'll double-click OggDropXPd to run it, and then drag and drop WAV files on
top of it to encode.  Right-click the OggDropXPd window to adjust the
bitrate, etc.

By the way, hello from a fellow UTexan.  I graduated from there in 1997.

Hope this helps,

--
Graham Mitchell - computer science teacher, Leander High School
Cats are Spiderman,