[Vorbis] RE:Ogg Support for Windows XP - Itunes

Ian Malone ibm21 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 4 08:13:54 PST 2006

victor itote wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I'm just sought inquiring about the status of windows xp port of your
> project ... I'm a fun of ogg vorbis but I'm severely limited when it comes
> to ogg and stuff ... it kinder gets frustrating to have 10000 applications
> just to be able to play an ogg vorbis related file.
> I so like your idea currently i 'm using itunes 4.9(hich has been reduced to
> act as a db manager) plus the old qt component but it has its limitations
> like cd burning playback just to name a few. it would be nice if  a windows
> port existed.
>
> keep up the good work ..when i come out of brokeville i got u in mind
> thank you for  what you are doing ..God Bless You!!!

The Quicktime plugin has been revived <http://www.xiph.org/quicktime/>,
and there is a Windows version.  I don't know about CD burning
(apparently ITunes has some limitations when using QT filters: see the
XiphQT FAQ), but it seems to work nicely here (including handling some
rather messed up meta-data in Ogg tests).

--
imalone