[Vorbis] Re: Write pure sine to *.ogg directly?

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Mon Feb 20 12:41:55 PST 2006

On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 03:32:10PM -0500, Gan Uesli Starling wrote:
> I can define a sine wave in Perl easily enough, or a haversine, or
> a bezier. Have done all three previously.

You;'re defining it as a time-domain PCM function.  That's not
Vorbis's native representation; a pure tone is a single spectral line
in the MDCT domain.

> What docs ought I read first? And where might I find them?

The need is to wrap individual ogg packets properly into an Ogg
stream.  It will require the ability to construct Ogg pages from
Vrobis packets.  The Ogg docs will describe what you need to do... but
of course if there's a libogg binding already, you have the last
fundamental piece you need.

You'll be able to generate the Ogg Vorbis streams faster than the WAV
when you're done.

Monty