[Vorbis] Where are the Portable Devices at vorbis.com ?

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 17:38:49 PST 2006

lloyd at foolswisdom.com wrote:
> Hi Vorbis-ers,
>
> It has been a while since I have checked out the Ogg Vorbis resources.
> http://vorbis.com is looking great!
>
> It is a shame though that portable (and other devices) that support Ogg
> Vorbis well are not celebrated on the home page. I know there is an
> extensive list at http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/PortablePlayers, but it is
> overwhelming in its completeness, and may not be immediately found be less
> sophisticated computer users.
>
> Device support is essential for adoption of Ogg Vorbis!

"overwhelming in its completeness," surely that's the point?  It's not
really Xiph's job to advertise particular players, so the impartial wiki
ist of players supporting Vorbis is preferable.  (Not to mention it's a
measure of Vorbis's success that so many players now support it)

I agree, it would be helpful if it was easier to find.  Those in the
know can locate the list; I'm not sure how easy it would be from
scratch.

--
imalone