[Vorbis] Does anyone know of any car Ogg-Vorbis players?

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Tue Feb 14 19:38:11 PST 2006

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 04:03:09PM +1300, Aaron Whitehouse wrote:

> There are quite a few of my friends that are looking for new stereos for
> their cars. They have a large proportion of their music in Ogg-Vorbis
> format and are having no luck finding anything that is able to support
> the files.

There are a couple of car players lists on the hardware support lists:

  http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/StaticPlayers#Car_Audio
  http://flac.sourceforge.net/links.html

Most of them seem to be based on the PhatBox (phatnoise.com).

> Can anyone offer any suggestions?

You can also get one with an aux input for handheld players and use one
of those.

HTH,
 -r