[Vorbis] vorbisfile and ogg files <= 8kb

Steve Russell srussell at innernet.net
Sat Feb 11 14:17:52 PST 2006

Some months ago I tried to get some answers (and didn't) for a problem I've had with ov_pcm_total for files 8kb or smaller.  I have no idea whether it should make a difference, but I operate inside Visual Studio, with C++ 6.0 and MFC.

The value returned by ov_pcm_total doesn't agree with ov_read.  My solution had been to add 0.2 to the buffer size, so that ov_read would make it to zero.  But now I go with the returned ov_pcm_total and read accordingly, never making it to zero for such files, but not having any recognizable problem either, which is of course what I want.

Would anyone have a comment on this or maybe have even experienced this?

[vorbisfile.h,v 1.17]