[Vorbis] zipping an ogg file

Hugo González Monteverde hugonz-lists at h-lab.net
Thu Feb 9 21:29:03 PST 2006

Steve Russell wrote:
> A recent discussion brought a question to mind:  How much effect does
> zipping and unzipping an ogg file have on the original form?

I don't quite get what you are asking. Zipping and unzipping is lossless
compression. Decompressing a zipped ogg will give you exactly the same ogg.

Usually there is no point in compressing an ogg/mp3/jpeg, as they have
little redundancy and the compression ratios are very low.
  You'll end up only wasting processor time in applying the compression
algorithm.

Hugo