[Vorbis] vorbis-tools-1.1.1 build mechanism stubbornly refuses to build with FLAC, ogg123, speex

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 11:46:12 PST 2006

Sergei Steshenko wrote:

> xiphmont at xiph.org wrote: On 12/12/06, Sergei Steshenko  wrote:
>> Do you really mean "configure.log" as produced by my script, i.e. the result
>> of
>>
>> ./configure  1>configure.log 2>&1
>>
>> OR
>>
>> you actually mean "config.log" - the file produced by "configure" itself.
>

> I mean the log as produced directly by configure.  In fact, it is
> named 'configure.log' in some versions of the autotools, but you're
> right, config.log is most common.
>
> Monty
> Please find gzipped and attached.

The problem appears to be the --with-flac and --with-speex flags,
./configure --help for libvorbis-tools doesn't list them, and for
some reason passing them will stop the tests for FLAC and Speex
support respectively.  Since there aren't --with-speex= and
--with-flac= variants if simply drop these flags and use
LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS as you were doing then it should work.

--
imalone