[Vorbis] Fwd: vorbis-tools-1.1.1 build mechanism stubbornly refuses to build with FLAC, ogg123, speex

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 08:31:26 PST 2006

On 08/12/06, Sergei Steshenko <sergstesh at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I don't get it.
>
> There is official 'vorbis' site, there is download page, there is documentation.
>
> I download from the official site and build, to the best of my understanfing,
> according to documentation.
>
> The build fails.
>
> The suspicion that it's a bug in 'vorbis' build mechanism is strong because the
> exact same approach works for dozens of other targets.
>
> So, I asking at the official 'vorbis' resource and I am sent to a Linux distro.
>
> If I made a mistake, then I expect to be pointed to the mistake, i.e. to lines
> in documentation which contradict what I was doing.
>
> If it's a bug in 'vorbis' build mechanism, it should be fixed. I am ready to provide
> additional info if necessary, like 'config.log', more screen output from 'configure',
> list of files in the directories I specify on command line, etc.

This is the right place (or close to it, ogg-dev is more appropriate).
Personally I have no idea what's going on, though I find it interesting
that libogg itself is being acquired okay, but FLAC and Speex aren't
(I assume you have them built, though thinking about it, they're not
in the list of targets you posted).

--
imalone