[Vorbis] Java/MIDP Vorbis player ?

Daniil V. Kolpakov dan at riga.lv
Wed Aug 30 16:18:16 PDT 2006

В сообщении от 30 августа 2006 20:21 Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves написал(a):
> Considering how both Ogg and Java are CPU intensive, I doubt there is one.
> At least, a stable one.

True, but that's not only problem. Many phones are plain unable to play PCM
data with reasonable quality. E.g. speaking of Sony-Ericssons (even the
latest JP-7 models, like K610i) the maximum sampling rate supported from Java
is 16kHz. So even if a Vorbis data would be decoded, it could not be played
back.

Maybe Symbian phones could do better (since they are relatively powerfull),
but there is a native symbian Ogg player anyway.

--
/dev/brains: permission denied