[Vorbis] Current system requirements for real time decoding?

Jernej Simončič jernej.listsonly at ena.si
Wed Aug 30 12:56:42 PDT 2006

On Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 19:32:08, Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves wrote:

> From my own tests, at least a Pentium 160 mhz with MMX capability, and at
> least 32 mb ram. Older computers would choke the sound constantly. It also
> depends of the Operating System optimization and the player. For these
> tests, I tried Windows 98 and Winamp.

My portable player (iRiver H120) has a Coldfire CPU that runs at most at
120MHz (usually less), and Vorbis plays just fine on it (I'm using the
open-source RockBox firmware[1], although the stock firmware also supports
Vorbis).

[1] <http://www.rockbox.org/>

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >

Money isn't everything. (It isn't plentiful, for instance.)
       -- Money Maxim